Role: CRM Manager
Reporting to: Head of Pay TV Marketing
Direct Reports: N/A
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Racecourse Media Group (RMG) manages the media and data rights for 35 British racecourses and all 26 Irish racecourses, through Racing TV (pay-TV channel accessible via Sky, Virgin, Vodafone, Eir TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service) and the Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data).
The purpose of RMG is to generate media rights revenue and support horse racing on behalf of our 35 shareholder racecourses with 100% of our profits going back to the sport via our shareholder racecourses.
RMG has recently embarked on an exciting new data strategy, connecting broader fan engagement and free-to-play games with pay-TV sales conversion, and the CRM Manager will play an integral role in the development and execution of this strategy.
The CRM Manager is responsible for the development, execution, and continual optimisation of multi-channel direct-to-consumer marketing. The role requires a strategic mindset, familiarity with customer lifecycle planning and experience managing automated communication flows, from broader segmentation to 121 communications. The CRM function will incorporate Pay TV and affiliate marketing and the role will be part of a wider Commercial and Marketing team.
A clear understanding of how to leverage behavioural, demographic, lifestyle, and transactional data to deliver compelling acquisition, retention and winback programs is required, through multiple communication channels, with the objective of growing consumer loyalty and increasing lifetime value.
Success in the role will require cross-functional collaboration, excellent communication and project management skills, with the successful candidate adept at deriving data-driven solutions with a creative flair.
- Create, monitor and develop CRM strategies across all marketing channels
- Build, test, and deploy automated email campaigns and analyse and report on campaign results
- Identify target segments of customers and tailor marketing communications for these segments
- Oversee and manage the various B2C customer service touch points, including managing the relationship with our call centre, agent briefings and performance monitoring
- Produce and report on regular CSAT surveys and other customer research
- Monitor and report on data generation, sale conversion and lifecycle movement
- Produce a monthly comms calendar for the wider marketing team
- Evaluate opportunities for rule-based trigger communications based on data and behavioural insight
- Assess email trends both internal and external and make recommendations on best practice
- Monitor the website to ensure content and campaign messaging is kept up to date, e.g. customer help centre
- Maintain and circulate reports on email and customer service KPIs
- Creative support for the website and digital marketing assets
- Review and recommend CRM software that meets our company’s needs
- Assist with social media CS support
- Track marketing metrics and trends, like conversion rates and web analytics
- 1st level telephone support for customer queries at Head Office
- Evolve and develop our intelligent CRM capabilities
RMG Person Specification for CRM Manager
(Work and tasks)
- At least 3 years of experience in CRM marketing
- Experience working with multiple communication channels in consumer interactions
- Some experience in basic set-ups and development of CRM programs and campaigns
- B2C experience
- Experience working in sports marketing
- Strategic Mindset
- Customer-service orientated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Critical attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Familiarity with CRM software solutions such as Oracle Responsys, Salesforce, IBM Watson
- Able to interact with a range of people, from department heads and customer service agents to customers
- Must be personable, patient and respectful of others
- Rely on effective communication skills to share ideas
- Present updates to team members and report to upper management
- Be able to speak and write clearly in ways that others can understand easily
- Should be familiar with the software and other equipment related to their role. This can help them better understand workflows and communicate with employees and customers about areas of improvement
- The CRM Manager must possess strong analytical skills coupled with project management and planning skills
- A candidate for the position must demonstrate a substantial knowledge in email marketing, CRM segmentation, campaign management, direct marketing and offer management
- An interest/ understanding of horse racing
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th August 2022.
RMG Operations is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies