We make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Your role in the team
This diverse role sits within the newly formed Online Commercial Finance team, leading the focus on both compliance and financial modelling, with the aim of mitigating any potential compliance risks, and also ensuring the WH Online business has strong planning and forecasting processes and models in place. We take a flexible approach to working and would be happy to consider part-time applicant who can work 4 days a week.
Here, you’ll take a proactive approach to compliance risk management, working with stakeholders to consistently deliver timely, accurate and appropriate information, sometimes presenting your findings to senior leaders within the business. Working with both commercial finance managers and commercial team stakeholders across the wider business you’ll build accurate financial models that feed into the online planning and forecasting processes, using large volumes of data to “tell a story”.
You’ll be very proactive in your approach, identifying potential issues that need further analysis, and providing insight where necessary, without being prompted to do so. The ability to manage multiple priorities will also be key, in order to ensure you hit hard deadlines for both compliance and modelling objectives.
Role outputs will include regular reporting, the building and maintaining of financial models, and the ability to present financial findings in internal meetings. You'll also use historical information alongside market trends, to produce long-range forecasts and sensitivities that will form part of the quarterly plan reforecasting process.
Skills and experience
· You will have a Finance background and ideally be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Ideally you will have a background in reporting and Commercial Analysis/Business Partnering
· You will have experience of manipulating large and complex data sets, with excellent analytical skills and ability that enable you to tell the story behind the numbers
· You’ll need to be a great communicator, with excellent stakeholder management and be able to manage multiple priorities.
· You will be a people person who can communicate effectively across all levels
· Proven commercial mindset and problem-solving skills
· Self-starter who can work well autonomously but also in a team
· You will be ambitious and understand your own development needs
· An understanding of why Compliance is important in this sector, and the need to manage the potential financial risks associated with this
· Strong attention to detail, be able to solve an array of problems and not be satisfied with a job half done
As you can see, we enjoy balancing the financial data with wider commercial thinking, using the data to tell a story. We welcome likeminded people who are proactive and enjoy a challenge to apply.
Who we are
It’s a safe bet you know William Hill already. With over 1,500 betting shops across the UK, we’re one of the best-known names on the high street.
Ever since 1934, we’ve been at the top of our game, going one better. And we’re not stopping there. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading betting and gaming companies – with over 12,000 employees in 10 countries and a booming online business.