Salary £40k to £50k
Based in Leeds
Closing date 2nd October
We make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Your role in the team
As a Jira Developer at William Hill you are responsible for the developing and maintaining solutions in Jira and other Atlassian Suite configuration throughout the organisation.
As a part of the Atlassian Team, you help with your experience and huge involvement , how William Hill can continuously improve the way of working, by collecting requirements, user stories and wishes and translate them into technical workflows and configurations within the Atlassian world.
- Assist teams in using the Atlassian suite and coaching them in the agile way of working together with our agile experts
- Coordinate technical activities (like upgrading , migrating and keep it up to date).
- Expert knowledge of Groovy scripting language that requires to develop, maintain and improve the customised solutions we have in Jira.
- Good working experience with Linux or similar environments.
- Working experience with databases such as MySQL, MSSQL and postgresSQL.
- Strong integration skills (rest, soap) to integrate Jira with other Atlassian apps and third party apps.
- Work with the incident and problem processes and work with strategic thinking and documentation.
- Evaluating new add-ons when there is an interest from the users.
- Analysis of faults and problems, elaboration of possible solutions with implementation proposals as well as remedying faults and restoring the service.
- Holding presentations , workshops and educations for new users and handle user access.
- Automate processes and workflows and handle interfaces and connectors.
- Handle support questions from all Atlassian tools users within the organisation.
- Analysis of trends and risks as well as the creation of forecasts and changes in requirements, considering the effort and costs required
What we offer
We’ll welcome you on-board with 25 days holiday (not to mention 8 bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday), a rewarding bonus scheme, healthcare, an attractive pension package, life assurance, healthy gym discounts and a flexible benefits scheme. Plus, our season ticket loan and handy Metro Card loan will save you money getting to work and getting around town. And if you see the journey to work as part of your fitness regime, you’ll just love our Cycle to Work scheme.
William Hill in Leeds
Right in the middle of the creative heart of the UK sit both of our Leeds offices. Leeds itself is a buzzy, busy place to work and live. A hub for tech, digital and gaming companies – there’s also five universities right on our doorstep. And away from work, we’re in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales and of course have got a competitive sports scene with Leeds United and Yorkshire Cricket and Rugby just up the road in Headingley.