ABOUT THE RACECOURSE
Ascot Racecourse is horse racing's most iconic venue, with the Royal Meeting the world's most famous and watched festival. Royal Ascot broadcast to over 200 countries with audiences in the many millions, has a history spanning over 300 years and is the cornerstone of the British social scene. Its unique blend of top-class racing, fashion, fine dining, pageantry and glamour make it a place Like Nowhere Else. With other stunning racedays and a year-round calendar of events to support, Ascot is a flourishing business and a fantastic place to develop your career.
A managerial role responsible for the strategy and implementation of working with Horsemen, specifically Owners, Trainers and Breeders. Responsibilities include coordinating the raceday experience for horsemen stakeholders, forming and maintaining relationships with key industry bodies on behalf of the racecourse, organising annual horsemen specific events, assisting with the CSR strategy for racing related charities, represent and support the business as a key part of the racing team both internally and externally.
• To manage all arrangements, including catering, for Horsemen on course particularly Owners and Trainers, providing an excellent service
• Research and implement plans alongside the relevant internal departments to develop the Horsemen’s experience on course
• Alongside the Head of Racing, act as the main point of contact for all Horsemen, specifically Owners and Trainers
• Be part of the interdepartmental International Desk team
• Develop an effective B2B marketing strategy to maximise promotion and key message amongst horsemen, including the production of four annual brochures for the racing department
• Manage badging policies for Horsemen for all racedays
• Represent Ascot Racecourse through relationships with horsemen specific trade bodies
• Liaise with the Racing Communications department and assist with Horsemen participation in media events
• Manage the Racing Executive as a direct report
• Manage the Owners’ and Trainers’ Desk Team for racedays
• To manage the relevant budgets accordingly in line with what has been set
• To manage all racing department related trips and events, including the Royal Ascot Breeders’ Lunch
• Work with the Sponsorship team to help deliver sponsorship activation for both prospective and current partners, including Tattersalls
• Work in conjunction with the CSR Manager to build and develop an annual CSR strategy for racing industry related charities
• Working as part of the Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup delivery team
• Develop and be part of the delivery team for Discover Racehorse Ownership Weekend (and such like)
• To undertake such other duties as the Company may at times reasonably require.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Racing Industry knowledge and understanding.
• Possess a confident front of house approach, acting as the first point of contact for Horsemen.
• The ability to politely decline requests.
• Experience in a busy office-based environment and possess the ability of using their own initiative.
• Be proactive and have excellent IT skills; being fluent in word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, as well as internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
• The ability to work within a large team and be flexible with an organised approach by having impeccable time management skills.
• Good literacy, numeracy and keyboard skills.
• A good level of English spelling and grammar.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good telephone manner.
The jobholder should understand our values are to enable them to promote Ascot as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service. These include:
• Original: Lead the way
• Uplifting: Make every moment delightful
• Elegant: Take care of the detail
The jobholder should possess core competencies to enable them to promote Ascot as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service. These include:
• Customer service
• Oral and written communication
• Creativity and innovation
• Attention to detail
Alongside a competitive salary we offer complimentary tickets for race days and some events that you can share with friends and family, plus pension and discounts with selected local retailers.