An exciting opportunity has arisen working as a Production Manager in our Broadcast, Content and Digital Department at Ascot Racecourse.
Reporting to the Head of Broadcast, Content and Digital you will be the focal point through which the organisation's print and design requests flow to ensure we deliver best- in- class marketing materials in a timely, cost effective and on- brand fashion.
ABOUT THE RACECOURSE:
Ascot Racecourse is horse racing's most iconic venue, with the Royal Meeting the world's most famous and watched festival. Royal Ascot broadcast to over 200 countries with audiences in the many millions, has a history spanning over 300 years and is the cornerstone of the British social scene. Its unique blend of top-class racing, fashion, fine dining, pageantry and glamour make it a place Like Nowhere Else. With other stunning racedays and a year-round calendar of events to support, Ascot is a flourishing business and a fantastic place to develop your career.
Liaising closely with several departments, most notably Marketing, to plan, commission and produce inspiring and compelling content across the full spectrum of Ascot’s brand requirements for Racedays and Royal Ascot.
To be the operational conduit between marketing, digital and artwork teams, as well as managing a number of external relationships across our Racecards, Ascot TV, print commissioning and Royal Ascot magazine.
• Managing the workflow of the artdesk and overseeing content requests from across the business to ensure smooth and efficient processes
• Overseeing a transparent planning structure and commissioning process which gives the artdesk clear direction and stakeholders increased visibility on workflow
• Liaise with third party print and distribution agencies to ensure cost efficiencies and deadlines are met
• Oversee the activities of photography teams commissioned by Ascot Racecourse during the Royal Meeting, ensuring all requests from all departments are satisfactorily met.
• Managing the official racecourse photographer, Raceday photography briefs and liaising with freelance photographers to ensure content fits in with the brand
• Work with the Head of Dept to plan and execute a market-leading Royal Ascot magazine alongside external production partners.
• Liaise with our Racecard provider to ensure accuracy, relevance and quality of content
• Produce a holistic approach across horse racing, style, fashion, fine dining, C&E and events content pillars
• Alongside the Production Manager, ensure the correct graphics and style are used for marketing content on Ascot TV, our racecourse TV service
• Support Racedays as applicable.
• Such other duties as the Company may, at times, reasonably require.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong content production and third party management background, ideally gained at a busy magazine or newspaper
• Track record of managing workflows, nurturing internal and external relationships and content creation
• A solid understanding of horse racing would be a distinct advantage
The jobholder should understand our values are to enable them to promote Ascot as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service. These include:
• Original: Lead the way
• Uplifting: Make every moment delightful
• Elegant: Take care of the detail
The jobholder should possess core competencies to enable them to promote Ascot as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service. These include:
• Customer service
• Oral and written communication
• Creativity and innovation
• Attention to detail
In accordance with Health and Safety regulations the jobholder is required to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of the persons who may be affected by their activities. The jobholder must co-operate with the Company to enable them to meet their legal duties. This will include awareness of all Health and Safety issues relating to the role including risk assessment, emergency procedures, office safety and additional relevant training. This list is not definitive.
The jobholder will be required to work closely and courteously with colleagues from all internal departments of the Company, visitors, customers, the management team, participants in racedays and suppliers to support the department’s role. The job holder will require strong collaboration with the following departments; Facilities, M&E, ICT and Operations.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment.
Applications to be sent to HR@ascot.co.uk