Within GVC’s Central Data & Insight team you will be part of a team of Data Engineers, Data Stewards, Insight and Reporting analysts driving high-profile strategic and operational initiatives, delivering data solutions, marketing and business insights, and making recommendations for short and long-term decisions.
The team is growing and there are multiple projects being carried out. In order to help us succeed, we are looking for a Scrum Master who will ensure that the squad enjoys optimal conditions (processes, environment, freedom from impediments, status tracking) to achieve its deliverables.
Working as a Scrum Master within the Central Data & Insight team, you’ll help deliver on the projects being carried out by the team. You will guide the day-to-day activities, run the daily stand-ups, facilitate core meetings, get the team working together.
You will be working with a high performing team, increasing productivity and quality of delivery whilst also driving continuous improvement. You will have a collaborative working style, building strong relationships with people to facilitate a culture of trust.
- Help create and manage team roadmaps and backlogs with the team managers
- Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
- Facilitate regular meetings including daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Manage resources, risk, quality, scope and deliverables (with the team managers)
- Collaborate with other internal teams and scrum masters/project managers to manage cross dependencies and sequencing of deliverables
- Manage dependencies between teams, IT and third-party vendors and facilitate release management
- Assist the team managers to prioritize items by keeping the backlog groomed
- Track and ensure visibility of team metrics and progress of sprints and releases
- Proactively identify impediments to the team and appropriately resolve
Skills & Experience:
- Must be an exceptional planner who is highly organized with attention to detail, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner
- Should have sufficient understanding of different technologies to be able to facilitate any technical discussion about any technical approach or framework
- Experience of integration projects on a large-scale environment
- Excellent skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent organisation skills, ensuring transparency of plans and deliverables
- A continuous improvement mindset to drive improvements to team performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to resolve conflict and improve team dynamics
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an ability to actively champion the right decisions made through consensus
- Working knowledge in the area of Business Intelligence, data warehousing, analytics is a plus
- Working knowledge of Dev/Ops and CI/CD principles and toolsets and test automation an asset