Our Racing Development Board (“RDB”) of the Racing Development Department provides an integrated platform for the development of racing professionals in Hong Kong, and a series of certified training courses ranging from foundation course which instils employees with basic horse knowledge to advanced course which focuses on technical skills and stables management. The certified courses are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Academic Accreditation and Vocational Qualification (HKCAAVQ) at the Hong Kong Qualification Framework Level 1 to 4. The RDB has established a world class training system offered to our racing professionals that they can invest their future by obtaining qualifications that reflect the world’s best practice in the racing industry as well as being recognized in Hong Kong. The RDB is now looking for a Senior Instructor to join our team to develop competent Assistant Trainers, Stables Assistants, Work Riders and Apprentice Jockey’s.
- design, plan and deliver racing curriculum from Cert II to Cert IV both racing and riding courses
- assist in writing knowledge contents of the programmes and facilitate the delivery to ensure the HKJC standards are complied
- contribute the continuous improvements in the quality of teaching programmes and training stables in both Hong Kong and China
- based in both HK and China
- undertake any other duties as assigned by Racing Curriculum Manager
You should have:
- a qualification of Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, a holder of BHS certificate and Diploma of Racing Thoroughbred Trainer is an advantage
- a minimum of five years of experience in teaching in the racing industry, including track riding and horse industry classes is an advantage
- sound knowledge in racing industry, horse riding and best practices in horse care
- passion in teaching
- proficiency in both written and spoken English. A good command of Chinese and Putonghua will be an asset
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial two-year contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 15 April 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 9/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, Hong Kong