At GVC, our Retail Managers are great listeners, part of their local community, helping everyone be part of the entertainment we provide. They keep it real. Bring your character to a Retail Manager role and you can be yourself, building relationships with our customers and making sure that they enjoy our products and services responsibly. With flexibility, energy and great customer focus, we’ll support you to build a great career. For the good of entertainment.
with someone in our team now to find out more!
As a Shop Manager you will lead, engage and develop your shop team to offer a great experience for all of our customers. You will have full accountability for your shop’s performance and the skills to motivate and encourage your team to deliver the very best!
What will you be doing?
- Leading, developing and training the team so they are able to deliver consistently exceptional customer service. Ensuring a great customer journey and resolving complaints and issues when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with the following;
- Health and Safety Procedures
- Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Guidelines Security Procedures
- Think 21
- Cost Control
- Maintaining high shop standards, taking pride in the shop and ensuring all colleagues adhere to the company uniform policy and focus on shop cleanliness.
- Responsible for ensuring the shop is cleaned on a regular basis and tidy at all times.
- Building a strong shop team through effective recruitment, induction and ongoing training and development.
- Managing the shop team, to ensure strong performance, high attendance levels and appropriate conduct.
- Developing the shop team in their current role, and supporting development for those with potential for future roles within the business.
- Encouraging the shop team to understand the company’s product offering, including in shop and online, to enable them to have confident conversations with customers.
- Managing all shop controllable costs within the agreed budget. Ensuring the team has commercial awareness and understanding how they can personally impact the shop’s profitability.
- Managing the shop’s profit and loss account. Effectively managing the shop’s rota to ensure the shop is resourced correctly, operates within the optimum hours allocated and is in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Managing any absence calls efficiently, utilising the most cost effective resource to resolve.
- Ensuring annual leave is proportioned fairly across all colleagues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- The ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Self-motivated with strong organisation skills
- Happy to work autonomously or part of team
- The ability to adapt and learn
- Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ideally previous people management experience
- Ability to drive performance and achieve results