We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
We are now looking for a Tech Lead to help us grow and lead one of our product development teams. You will be a part of the high-paced Communications team where you will contribute with your excellent communication skills and your wide technical and architectural knowledge. Working in a tight group, we take pride in our deliveries and the product. As a person, you will also have a chance to drive your own initiatives and lead others by example.
The purpose of the Communications team is to create an industry-leading platform to communicate with our customers in the iGaming industry. To achieve this we need smart and passionate people who love what they do. We offer you to work in an environment with likeminded people where you have opportunity to grow and be challenged on a daily basis!
- Leadership of the development team with a focus on delivery and team morale
- Line management of developers in your team
- Work to & feed into development standards & best practices and ensure developers adhere to them
- Design, implementation & documentation of solutions in collaboration with developers and architects
- Understanding strengths / weaknesses of developers & support of strengthening their skills through personal development plans
- Regular 1-to-1 catch ups, objectives setting, probation assessment
- Delegation of development tasks to the developers
- Planning & pre-planning sessions with PO, Architect. Translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences
- Driving the improvements in KPI's (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
- Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity)
- Taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback
- Collaboration with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
- Responsible for CI & release pipeline being set up for all applications delivered.
- Organizing & executing releases
- Supporting production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours
- Engagement in the recruitment activities
- 5+ years of professional development experience in backend development (.NET, C#) and preferably some full-stack exposure (node.js, frontend)
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience in DevOps activities, production support. All aspects involved in delivering web applications to a production system in an enterprise.
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- All traits of a good Developer & an experienced leader of people
- Approachable, rational & respectful
- Commitment and ability for being a role model for the team members
- Creative approach to problem solving while keeping solutions as simple as possible
- Ability to step outside of your comfort z one
- Professional and discrete with managerial matters
Team technologies used:
- .NET Core (C#)
- Vanilla JS (node.js)
- REST APIs
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities – virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we're in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities .There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.