RIDERS (Moulton Paddocks)
Godolphin is the global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today, Team Godolphin spans four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America. Godolphin is seeking a number of highly skilled and experienced stable staff to ride out at our Moulton Paddocks yard for trainer Charlie Appleby. We are looking for riders who can ride and work to the highest possible standards and possess the passion and drive to make a real contribution to our world-class team. The job holder will be responsible for assisting with routine stable duties and racehorse care.
• Mucking out stables and yard sweeping
• Grooming and care of horses
• Tacking up horses
• Cleaning and care of tack and equipment
• Watching over horses exercising, for example, on the trotting ring
• Responsibility for hand walking, lunging, putting horses on horse walker
• Preparing for and attending the races
• General yard duties
• Communicating with and supporting colleagues, Head Lads, Assistant Trainers and other Godolphin staff as required.
• Representing, and upholding the reputation of Godolphin both inside and outside the organisation, for example, when travelling to races, on the gallops
• Good horsemanship
• Communication skills
• Horse welfare knowledge
• Awareness of health and safety requirements and to be responsible for ensuring these requirements are met in the yard, on the gallops and while performing any other duties at work
• NVQ Level 2 or above in Racehorse Care and Management an advantage
Additional information We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a first-class
working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to:
HR Department, Godolphin Management Company Limited, The Main Office, Dalham Hall Stud, Duchess Drive, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9HE or email: UK-Recruitment@godolphin.com